Banaras Hindu University (BHU) is enhancing educational opportunities by establishing four scholarships for students in the fields of Chemistry and Law. This initiative stems from a generous donation of Rs 20 lakh under the Pratidana initiative, received by the university. The scholarships are set to be awarded starting from the academic session 2024-25.
- Sita Ram and Ajudhia Devi Scholarships:
- In memory of Sh. Madan Mohan Kayastha’s parents.
- Awarded to one female student in the 1st year of B.Sc. (Hons) – Chemistry and one 1st year student of M.Sc. (Chemistry) at the Institute of Science.
- Bhagwati and Mulk Raj Mahajan Scholarships:
- Tribute to the parents of Mrs. Santosh Kayastha (Mahajan).
- Presented to a first-year female student of BA. (LLB) Hons and a second-year student in the LLM program.
The donation of Rs 20 lakh was graciously provided by Mr. Madan Mohan Kayastha and his wife Santosh Kayastha, in memory of Mr. Kayastha’s academic journey at Banaras Hindu University, where he earned his M.Tech. in Industrial Chemistry in 1951.
Impact and Recognition
This initiative not only commemorates the donors’ parents but also contributes significantly to fostering academic excellence in the fields of Chemistry and Law at BHU. The scholarships aim to empower deserving students pursuing their education in these disciplines.